Sunday, December 04, 2005

An Anecdote

A ‘crossed wires’ conversation between a Yr7 student and myself in class the other day brings tears to my eyes about the idiosyncratic nature of language. (This Yr 7 does have Learning Difficulties). If you feel it is suitable and you can use for a little light humour for teachers………..

"It had been the usual hectic morning in the multi-aged Yr4-7 classroom when I found myself at the end of my fuse concerning the continual verbal barrage I was receiving from Mr Off-task Yr7 who had just thrown another question out into the ether. As soon as my sarcastic reply was uttered I was sincerely apologetic and offered him my apologies for such a put-down.
Bewildered he looked at me and asked…."What! Are you taking me to the vet?’

It truly took effort on my behalf to stop from laughing out loud and totally defused me….
I decided it was one of those stories to keep for the memoirs.

No comments: