Friday, December 19, 2008

Cleaning the pool

Our pool was in need of some attention,
It had not been tested in a while,
And although it was cleaned daily,
It would need chemicals by the pile.
So, I grabbed a water sample,
And wandered out the door,
With the intention of visiting,
Our local pool supply store.
The person behind the counter,
Started the complex test,
This place has a well earned reputation,
Of being one of the very best.
She did the test with concentration,
Provided me with a sheet,
Loaded the car up with chemicals,
And I was on the street.
Focus hydrochloric acid was first,
Chlorine shock upon its heels,
Four bags of salt soon followed,
We’ll see how this water feels.
Calcium hardness treatment followed,
Chlorine stabiliser followed soon,
Phosphate remover was the final step,
My head began to swoon.
My skin felt like rubber,
My eyes ran like streams,
My hair came out in clumps,
You must wear protection it seems.
I am now bald and textured,
My skin rippled, I’m a fool,
I have, through my desperate haste,
Become a sort of ghoul.

Cheers

No comments: