Sunday, May 01, 2005

Reality

One look at tv for any length of time and it seems that we, as a race, are becoming obsessed with "reality programs".

I'll admit I'm not immune. I love some of them, though of late "Survivor" has not grabbed me. Perhaps it's getting old.

I do love "American Chopper", but a new series had started and I'm not really impressed. It ssems that the whole business has expanded rapidly, so that the people who made each program what it was are less involved. Proof that if you mess with something good, often it's not good anymore.

My point? Is realty tv become our new reality? How much does it shape our own lives. I hear kids talking about "voting each other off/out". Perhaps it not so different to what they used to do (i.e. exclude some people), but now they use different words.

No comments: