Saturday, June 25, 2005

Welcome Back

You've been away for quite a while,
Substances in your brain,
Strangely, I don't know you,
But I missed you just the same.
You've underlined my experiences,
Defined part of my life,
Your messages resonated often,
Through happiness and through strife.
I've only ever seen you once,
You didn't notice me,
I hung upon every word you offered,
Through your eyes I could see.
I've danced to your gravelled voice,
Your songs I've often sung,
Your career I have tracked with interest,
It seemed over when just begun.
Now your back in all your glory,
Your style seems immune to time.
Maybe your heart is anchored in,
A more simple time.
Before rap shrieked its obscenity,
Before techno raped our ears,
Before all that other plastic,
Ran out all those plastic rears.
Welcome back, and good will,
May everything go well,
I hope there's more like me,
So the plastic can go to Hell.

No comments: