Saturday, March 19, 2005

A Nice Piece of Work

I'd like to share a poem with you, from an aquaintance:

I'm riding backwards out of context
Living a lie that I believe
But in the cold nights I can see clearly
There's noone here with me

I left it alone for so long
I thought that it was gone
But ghosts come back to haunt me
When old lovers come back and want me
Just one more time for old times' sake
As long as you're gone in the morning

I'm stuck in motion going nowhere
Looking for a better way
'Cause I'm tired of the cycle
Reverse - rewind - replay

There's a peace I just can't find
With Monday morning on my mind
And the dreams come back to haunt me
Where old lovers come back and taunt me
Just one more time for old times' sake
As long as you're gone in the morning

I'm in transit with eyes wide open
Taking in the scenery
I can feel it - somebody somewhere
Has got it in for me

Everyone I've ever hated
Tells me love is overrated
But the ghosts come back to haunt me
And old lovers come back to taunt me
Just one more time for old times' sake
And we'll be forgotten by morning

-WildCard

No comments: