Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Context

I was waiting for our family to get ready recently and Oprah was on the tele speaking to couples about the circumstances surrounding an affair that one member of the marriage had undertaken.

I was surprised that every example was of the man having the affair and what it did to the marriage and family. Don’t women have affairs? Is it easier for Oprah to degrade the man? Or, am I simply paranoid.

In any case, it led to one of those “heart in your mouth” times. As the girls were still getting ready, my wife turned to me and said, “I need to talk to you about something.”

Well, after 30 mins of affair scenarios, I thought that she was going to tell me she was having one. It turned out that she wanted to talk about which shops we were going to.


Talk about the context taking over thought processes …

2 comments:

Li Sa said...

chill dude~ heh.. it's the same with watching horror movie.. i'd be too afraid to go to bed alone if i've watched boogieman.. hehe

Ymir said...

Yes, you're right ... I find also if I play a computer game to close to bed time I spend the night playing it it my sleep ...

:)