Saturday, February 12, 2005

Poetry Challenge Pt 2

This one - a dark take on the guy who always gets the girls unloading their personal problems onto him:

You don’t know me by my name,
But you know who I am,
I’m the guy that the girls confide in,
I’m sweet as a new-born lamb.
My ears are large and prominent,
My mouth, it tends to run,
My hands stay to my side,
I giggle when I have fun.
But my ears are made for listening,
My mouth asks the right things,
I never try to touch a girl,
And security to them that brings.
They tell me about their boyfriends,
The unfeeling things that they do,
They ask me questions about sex,
And to them I answer true.
Then they complain again, some more,
I’m sympathetic and a little coy,
I’m not a man that wants to bed them,
I’m just a funny kind of boy.
Then they worry about their boyfriend,
About never treating them right,
Then I reassure them ever so gently,
And then I hold them tight.
Then they fret about their boyfriend,
I tell them he’s being unfair,
I tell them they deserve much better,
Then I French braid their hair.
Then they cry about their boyfriend,
I tell them that it’s done,
It’s time for them to be themselves,
And make themselves number one.
Then they smile through their tears,
And hug me oh so tight,
They see me in a whole new way,
Like they have just seen the light.

Choose your own ending – Number 1:

They tell me I’m not like other men,
I understand what a woman feels,
I tell them I don’t want a relationship,
I want to wear their dresses and high heels.


Number 2:

They tell me I’m not like other men,
I smile and sing them a song,
Now they’re putty in my hands,
What I wanted all along.

Number 3:

They tell me I’m not like other men,
I tell them I’ll be true,
I tell them I understand them completely,
Because I’m a woman too.

No comments: