Friday, February 18, 2005

Fridays

Do you anticipate the weekend with relish? Do you gradually lift in spirit as the working week passes?

I can’t help but wonder if this has an affect on our work, be it positive or negative. Perhaps a Monday is a good day to get in and get things done, to set yourself up for the week, given that you’ve had a good chance to rest and recharge over the weekend.

Then, as the week progresses, you could debate either way how you respond. Your energy may drain away as the week continues, with you getting less and less done as you look towards the horizon that is where the working week meets the weekend.

On the other side of the coin, you may actually get more done as the week progresses, as your mood improves, particularly if you’ve had a heavy weekend and have come to work at the start of the week feeling run-down.

I read recently that Monday is the most productive day, followed by Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday and Friday. I don’t know that I agree. I find it depends on what’s going on and if there’s a deadline. Often, my deadlines are a Friday or Monday, meaning that I often have to burn the midnight oil at the end of the week.

No comments: