Friday, April 01, 2005

Boys' Toys

I have been putting off doing a few things around the yard for a few weeks. Well, the day dawned crisp, cool and bright, so out came the toys.

A few hours on the ride-on mower (no rude words cut low in the grass this time), then an hour with the line trimmer, then two hours with the chain saw, then two trips to the dump, then a shower, then out with the toasted sandwich maker, (insert fatherhood statements - girls bathed, changed and meal into them, in no particular order) then into the football jersey, then three games of football on TV with beer in hand (between two was kids in bed - they like to watch a game with me - they call lying on me "reclining on the lazy boy").

A long day, but I'm feeling pleasantly weary. And I've got a buzz one.

No comments: