Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I Am A Dinosaur

Recently I was reflecting on matters pertaining to work and the following struck me:

· I come from a different age, where once I was surrounded by similar beings with similar outlooks, but now the ones similar to me are numbered.
· I often lumber through the landscape, creating havoc by my every action, yet sometimes not aware that I am doing so.
· Sometimes I find myself in an environment where I cannot function.
· I consume vast amounts of resources, the outcomes of which range from energy to excrement.
· My presence brings about a number of reactions, ranging from trembling terror to the drawing together of a large number of smaller predators with sharp teeth, who want to rip me apart.
· My environment is changing rapidly – often it feels as if it’s changing faster than I.
· For the most part, kids enjoy anything to do with me, but others find me boring, while others are scared silly by me.
· Occasionally I find myself in a tar pit. So far I’ve been able to get out.
· I need to sleep a lot.
· In 65 million years no-one will really ever understand what I was really like.
· I get the feeling I’m about to be replaced by a different species – small, hairy and warm-blooded.
· One day I’ll be extinct.

No comments: