Sunday, April 10, 2005

Emerald Kiss

It's emerald torrents swirl invitingly,
It's surface warm, but leaves me cold,
No-one leaves who enters here,
That's the story that we're all told.
I slide in with no further thought,
The decision now from my hands,
Only one who has known my heartache,
Can ever hope to understand.
My breath is instantly snatched away,
Stolen like a stranger's kiss,
The warmth takes away my reluctance,
And that's something I will not miss.
The flow rushes on unabated,
The torrent cascading with wild glee,
It swirls up and embraces all around it,
And soon washes over me.
I welcome its effervescent fingers,
I roll in its suffocating embrace,
I dream I'm not really drowning,
But lost in my lover's face.
Because now we can be together,
My release has come at a price,
But now we can be together,
But now we can be together.

This one was inspired by the clipped grass shooting out from the mower - it looked like a cascading river. I was going to write a twisted poem about it, leading the reader on to think I was talking about water, when it was about grass. But them the twisted poem got twisted.

No comments: