Sunday, December 05, 2004

Graduation

When I went back to school when we wrote on animal hide and the classrooms were lit by the lamps made from the fat of mammoths, graduation ceremonies at school were low-key affairs.

Now it seems that thousands are spent on dresses, suit hire, limo / horse drawn carriage hire, corsages, pre-function parties, functions, post-function parties etc. Oh, please.

Then, it seems that we have graduation ceremonies for every level. Isn’t this a little bit precious?

Can’t we remember times as special without going overboard? Apparently not.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

Like graduating from kindergarden? Actually that;s kind of cute, but I get the point...

Ymir said...

Yes, I guess that's what I mean. Although, I'd have no problems with that because it's a juncture - one school to another.

What I'm a bit cranky with is the expectation that there is a ceremony every year - overkill in my opinion.

Thanks for the comment, btw.